- Amazon Basics Premium 8-Piece Stainless Steel Micro Serrated Steak Knives
- Bellemain Premium 4-Piece Stainless Steel Fully Serrated Edge Steak Knives
- Emojoy 8-Piece German Stainless Steel Partially Serrated Steak Knives
- DALSTRONG Gladiator Series 4-Piece German High Carbon Steel Serrated-Edge Blade Steak Knives
- J.A. Henckels International 8-Piece Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife Set
- ISHETAO Dishwasher Safe 6-Piece Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife Set
- TRENDS Premium 6-Piece High Carbon German Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife Set
Best Serrated Steak Knife Set
1. Amazon Basics Premium 8-Piece Stainless Steel Micro Serrated Steak Knives
Amazon Basics Premium Steak knife set includes 8-piece steak knives at a very low price. The blades are made of a single piece of stain-resistant stainless steel. Also, the steel is forged that makes micro-serrated edges are more sharp and durable and you may never need to sharpen again.
The 4.75″ blades are partially micro-serrated which means the combination of two different edges will help you to slice the steaks without tearing them up.
Triple-riveted sturdy handles have bakelite style hard plastic scales and ergonomically curved shapes – all these features provide good grip and pleasure in your hand. Handles are good in size so if you have a big hand there is no need to worry.
After each use, you need to hand wash only and dry them right away as they will rust if you put them in the dishwasher.
- Eight-piece set, good for the price
- Triple-riveted handles are solid and well made
- Full tang provides strength and good balance
- Bolster protects your finger from accidental injuries
- Comes with a one-year replacement warranty
- Cleaning and maintaining is quite easy
- Low-grade stainless steel blades
- Blades are only 60% serrated
- Not dishwasher safe
2. Bellemain Premium 4-Piece Stainless Steel Fully Serrated Edge Steak Knives
Bellemain steak knife set comes with 4-piece blades. One piece of rust-free surgical stainless steel is used for the blade. To improve its overall hardness, sharpness, and edge retention capability the blade core has passed through an ice-tempered process.
Fully serrated 5″ long blades are expertly crafted for precisely cutting steaks as well as its hollow-ground feature significantly minimizes the stickiness of the meat.
The blade and handle are a single piece of metal. Its full-tang handle is covered with black hard plastic. The rubberized feeling of the handle is very satisfactory and essential for holding firmly. You will love the weighted handles because they will let you know that you have bought a sturdy steak knife set.
Although the knives are rust-proof, Bellemain recommends they should be washed and dried by hand immediately after every use.
- Surgical rust-proof stainless steel blades
- Full-tang knife for strength and maneuverability
- Nicely shaped stylish handles are easy to grip
- Knives are covered by a lifetime warranty
- These are great knives for the price
- Quite easy to clean and maintain
- No protective box, cover, or sheath available to store
3. Emojoy 8-Piece German Stainless Steel Partially Serrated Steak Knives
All the 8-piece Emojoy steak knives are crafted from a single piece of imported Thyssenkrupp high-carbon German stainless steel-X50CrMoV15. The steel core is precision forged and heat-treated by most skilled bladesmiths.
The knives are expertly hand-sharpened at a 16-18 degree edge angle on each side. Its 5″ razor-sharp serrated blades not only give you a clean and straight cut but also the rock-hollow dimples make sure the meat does not stick to the blade.
The handles are made from Pakkawood with triple-riveted. Its nickel silver rivets and ergonomically curved design give a comfortable grip. Also, the shining bolster and fully exposed full tang structure provide an essential counterbalance.
If you need life span service, must take care of these knives; that means hand washing is highly recommended and drying these knives right away. They also shouldn’t be washed in the dishwasher.
- Rust-proof surgical stainless steel blades
- Superb edge retention characteristics
- Attractive and solid construction handle
- All steak knives are full tang
- Emojoy offers a limited conditional warranty
- Comes in a beautiful gift box
- For the money, they are very good knives
- Easy to maintain
- The knives are not dishwasher safe
- Only 70% of the blade is serrated
4. DALSTRONG Gladiator Series 4-Piece German High Carbon Steel Serrated-Edge Blade Steak Knives
The 5” blades are constructed from a single piece of German ThyssenKrupp high carbon Steel (HRC 56-58). Additionally, the steel is forged and precisely tapped by the master craftsmen to improve rigidity, wear resistance, and edge holding capacity.
All four serrated blades are perfectly engineered large serrations to 16-18 degrees on each side and they are scary sharp as hell out of the box.
Military-grade black G-10 scales are used to make the triple-riveted handles. G-10 is very known for its resistance to water, weather, temperature, and sudden impact. Due to the reasonable size, the handles fit perfectly in the hands of all users.
The manufacturer offers a risk-free buying option that guarantees 100% satisfaction or a full refund. Wash your knives by hand as soon as they are used and dry them immediately.
- High quality forged German high carbon steel blades
- Expertly heat treated and chromium added for durability, ultra-sharpness, and stain resistance
- Beautiful blades are hand polished and protected with the satin finish
- Ultra-premium G-10 Garolite handles are easy to hold and maintain
- Full tang design for robustness and considerably more balance
- Bolster for finger protection and end cap for counterweight
- Each knife comes with a BPA-free Dalstrong PerfectFit sheath
- These steak knives are perfect for your daily steak dinner
- Not dishwasher safe
5. J.A. Henckels International 8-Piece Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife Set
All the 8-Pc serrated steak knives are manufactured from single-piece of high-quality stainless steel. The steel is dishwasher-safe so there is no chance of staining or corrosion on the blade.
The blades are made with state-of-the-art technology and design where smaller serrations are given in large serrations to cut the steak neatly while keeping the taste of the food intact. If the knives are not misused their sharpness will remain intact year after year and you will never need to sharpen them.
Since the whole knife is constructed from a single piece of steel, the handle is also made of the same steel and has a full tang. Being one-piece, nothing is trapped in the handle as well makes it very easy to clean. Also, the ergonomic handles are easy to hold, not too heavy, and can be used without any kind of fatigue.
For best care, the manufacturer recommends hand washing, although the set is dishwasher safe. It would be best if you keep them in a clean and dry place.
- One-piece solid construction for incredible robustness and quality
- Highly corrosion-resistant stainless steel blades
- The blades are extremely sharp and retain a very nice edge for lifelong
- Very well balancing knife with a super strong full tang handle
- Dishwasher-safe set for longevity and easy cleaning
- The set has a lifetime guarantee
- A really good set of serrated steak knives at a good price
- The handles are relatively small and thin
- No protective sheath or block is available with this set
6. ISHETAO Dishwasher Safe 6-Piece Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife Set
The sturdy knives are forged from one piece of steel so there is no chance of falling off and breaking. The six-piece blades are 4.5″ long and made from very good rust-resistant high carbon 420J2 stainless steel.
The micro-serrated edges of the blade are very sharp so all types of steaks are able to cut neatly like butter. The edge retention ability of the blade is very good so there is no chance of reducing its sharpness and you will never face a problem like re-sharpening.
The single-piece knives are full tang and the handles are stainless steel. Ergonomically rounded designed solid handles are easy to hold because they are thick and enough weighty. There are no seams or holes in the handles where food or water can be stuck which makes them quite easy to maintain or clean.
The knives come with stiff cardboard blade covers but the company does not provide a separate cover or sheath for each knife. The steak knife set features a lifetime warranty which means you can buy this product without any risk.
Although knives are dishwasher safe, do not wash them with a dishwasher unless you need to. If you try to wash regularly with a dishwasher, it can be harmful to the knives. Also, clean and wipe them quickly after each use.
- Single-piece robust construction for long-lasting performance
- Super sharp high carbon stainless steel serrated edge blades
- Surgical grade steel is extremely corrosion-free and rust-proof
- Able to hold their edge for a long time, never need sharpening
- All the full tang knives provide a good grip and fit perfectly in the hand
- Blade, handle – the whole knife is dishwasher safe
- Great looking, high quality, and very low priced knife set
- The handles are too heavy, causing an imbalance on the plate
7. TRENDS Premium 6-Piece High Carbon German Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife Set
The six-piece serrated steak knife set has 5” long blades made from high-quality high carbon German stainless steel. The steel is precisely tempered by skilled craftsmen to increase the hardness and the ability to hold sharp edges.
The serrated edges are hand sharpened at a 30-degree angle by the professionals so that the juicy steaks can be cut smoothly without any tearing. If you use and care for these knives properly, you will never need to re-sharpen them.
The handles are fabricated from stainless steel and high-grade ABS plastic. Although the handles are not full tang, they are ergonomically designed to counter the weight of the blade. The handle fits neatly in the hand and you will get enough grip when using it so there is no scope for slipping.
Always hand wash all my knives and dry them immediately. The manufacturer does not recommend washing knives in the dishwasher. The knives come in a beautifully designed gift box. You can store the knives in the box when they are not in use.
If you are not satisfied after purchasing the set, you will get a full refund if you return it within 14 days. It also has a 5-year warranty.
- The knives are double forged from German high carbon stainless steel
- The blades are sharp as hell out of the box, cuts steak like butter
- Holds its edges well and never requires sharpening
- Blade and handle are evenly weighted for optimal balance and control
- The Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) handle material is BPA free
- Good quality serrated steak knife set at a relatively cheap price
- Not a full tang knife
- No individual sheath for the knives
- It’s not a dishwasher safe steak knife set
- The serrations on the blade are too deep, pointy, and straight
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Serrated Steak Knives (FAQ)
Question: How long is a steak knife?
Answer: A standard steak knife’s full length is 8-10 inches where the blade is 4-5 inches and the rest is the handle. A knife of this size is sufficient and ideal for you to slice a thick and stiff steak to any desired size.
Question: What is a serrated steak knife?
Answer: A steak knife that has a semi, half, partially, or fully serrated edge or pointed teeth blade is usually called a serrated steak knife. This type of blade has a suitable size handle which is made from wood, steel, or composite material.
Question: Why are steak knives serrated?
Answer: A steak knife has its serrations to enable you to cut through any size meat of choice with ease. Cut by cut, the serrations get a hold of the meat and tear it apart. Contrary to a straight edge steak knife which would unequivocally have trouble slicing through any thick slice of meat, a steak knife is perfect for any food with a hard shell.
Question: What is a serrated steak knife used for?
Answer: The steak knife has a serrated blade in order to allow you to effortlessly cut through meat and have you spend more time enjoying the painstakingly prepared steak at hand rather than spend time struggling to cut it.
Question: Can I use my serrated steak knife for anything else?
Answer: The beauty of a steak knife is not only in its aesthetic looks but also in its versatility. A serrated steak knife is not only good for steaks but it also works well when it comes time to slice bread rolls, cutting cheese into cubes, spreading butter, trimming fat off meat, etc.
Nothing could stop you from taking advantage of the strength a steak knife has and using it to cut up lemons, tomatoes, vegetables, and even something as tough as a melon.
Question: Are serrated steak knives better?
Answer: Although having a plethora of helpful uses, a serrated knife isn’t any match for a sharp straight-edge knife when it comes time to needing a clean cut.
A serrated steak blade is capable of retaining its sharpness for a long time which means you will not need to sharpen knives again and again after a certain time which is usually what you have to do for a plain edge knife.
Although a serrated edge steak knife does have its pros and cons, you can always trust it to cut through a tough or thick steak with ease.
Question: Which is better serrated or straight blade steak knife?
Answer: Serrated steak knives usually stay sharper longer than non-serrated steak knives, but re-sharpening serrated blades are much difficult than straight blades.
Fibrous, tough, or thick steak can be cut better with serrated blades than with straight blades.
In many cases when cutting soft juicy steak with a serrated edge it can tear the meat cells and reduce the taste; on the other hand, it can be sliced precisely with a sharp fine edge blade while keeping the taste and texture of the food intact.
A plain or serrated blade steak knife – it is really difficult to say which of these is better because the whole thing depends entirely on the user’s choice.
Question: How to sharpen serrated steak knives?
Answer: Although a serrated steak knife doesn’t need much sharpening due to the pointed teeth in the blade, you can do so by running around hone through the serrations. A few swipes of the hone along the blade will leave the serrations astonishingly sharp and ready to cut once more.
However, if you have a self-sharpening block in your home, do not try to sharpen the serrated steak knives on it in any way as the in-block sharpener is only applicable for non-serrated knives.
Question: How to store serrated steak knives properly?
Answer: The best way to store serrated blade steak knives would be to place them in a drawer where the knife can lay flat on its side in order to prevent any damage to the serrations on the blade and give it a longer lifespan.
The more unfavorable way of storing serrated edge steak knives would be putting them in a wooden block where the serrations would grab the inner wood and gradually make the serrations blunt.
Another convenient way of storing serrated steak knives would be to use magnetic strips to hold them up against the wall ready for use at the earliest of convenience.