Features Comparison Table of the Best Non-Serrated Steak Knife Sets in the World
Click on Image to Check Price
Click on Name to Jump on My Review
High-Carbon German Stainless Steel
Military Grade G-10
German X50CrMoV15 Stainless Steel
Military Grade ABS
German High Carbon Stainless Steel
German High Carbon Stainless Steel
High Carbon Stainless Steel
T420 High-Carbon Stainless Steel
Review of the Best Straight Edge Steak Knives
1. Dalstrong Gladiator Series 4-Piece Forged German ThyssenKrupp HC Steel Non Serrated Steak Knives
The Dalstrong set has 4 steak knives which are 5″ long straight-edge blades. The blades are made of a single piece of high-carbon German Thyssenkrupp stainless steel (HRC 56-58). The blade core has additional chromium for wear and stain resistance.
Also, it is perfectly forged and efficiently heat treated which improves its hardness, flexibility, and long-lasting edge holding ability. The ultra-sharp blades are hand-sharpened on both sides at an angle of 14-16 degrees.
Black military grade G10 handle features triple-riveted with an ergonomic shape for a secure grip and fatigue-free maneuverability. Its mirror-polished bolster and end-cap are manufactured from stainless steel for counterbalance and stability.
Never put them in a dishwasher, just hand wash in lukewarm water and dry right away, and oil the blades weekly.
- Premium quality HC German stainless steel
- Finger protective bolster
- Full tang knives
- Covered by a lifetime warranty
- It can be easily cleaned
- Each blade has a protective sheath
- Not dishwasher safe
2. FOXEL 4-Piece Forged German Stainless Steel Straight Edge Steak Knives
FOXEL non-serrated stack knives set comes with four 4.5″ blades. Blades are forged using high-quality German X50CrMoV15 stainless steel allowing it to maintain sharpness after long use. This steel has a hardness of 56-58 Rockwell allowing the edge to be easily sharpened.
All blades are sharpened at a 14-16 degree angle on both sides which is very effective for cutting neatly and non-sticky as it is a straight-edge knife. Explaining the feeling of cutting steaks with FOXEL’s mercilessly sharp plain edge knife, it has to be said that they can slice soft-juicy steaks like butter. Also, the narrow blade works agile when removing soft meat from a bone.
Military Grade ABS handle is triple-riveted with an ergonomic design that provides a user-friendly and non-slip grip. You will like the handles, they are heavy and very comfortable as well as will fit nicely on the palm of your hand. The durable handle is resistant to cold, heat, moisture as well as easy to clean.
The set comes in a luxurious presentation box as well as individual protective covers for each knife. The knives are not dishwasher-safe, the manufacturer suggests that all blades should be hand-washed and dried thoroughly after each use.
- Rust-resistant German stainless steel non-serrated blades
- Sharp as a scalpel out of the box
- Very good at holding an edge
- Four steak knives are well built and have a full tang
- The handles are very solid, robust, and well balanced
- Forged bolster for counterweight and finger protection
- Each knife has an individual protective cover
- Buy with confidence, 100% satisfaction, or full refund guarantee within 1 year
- High quality set at very affordable price
- No lifetime warranty
- They are a little heavy as steak knives
3. Wusthof Gourmet 6-Piece German Precise Laser Cut High Carbon Stainless Steel Fine Edge Steak Knives
All the 6 piece steak knives are made of a single piece of tempered German high carbon stainless steel which ensures its long-lasting durability and strength.
Also, the blades are perfectly forged and precise laser cut that gives an outstanding razor-sharp edge and helps to retain its edge 30% longer than other methods.
The handle is created by uniquely developed synthetic polypropylene that resists impact, heat, fading, and discoloration. For proper balance with solid grip the ergonomically designed handle also have a full tang structure.
Use only hand wash when you need maintenance and let it dry immediately.
- Premium quality German HC stainless steel
- Wusthof’s limited lifetime warranty
- Set made in Solingen, Germany
- All steak knives are full tang
- Bolsters for finger protection
- This is not a dishwasher ok set
- No storage block included
4. Messermeister Avanta 4-Piece German High Carbon Stainless Steel Plain Edge Steak Knives
Blades of this steak knife set are made out of one-piece forged German X50CrMoV15 high carbon stainless steel. The 5″ fine edge blade takes and keeps a great edge for a long. It is coated with stains which increases resistance to rust and corrosion.
Separating meat from the bones seemed a lot easier to me because of the upward curved tip design. Nicely curved long blades are highly useful at slicing through the boneless parts of the meat.
The comfortable handle is crafted from beautiful Pakka wood. The triple-riveted handle weighs well due to the fully exposed full tang structure, forged bolster, and end cap. All these features provide good heft and balance.
They need to be hand-washed in lukewarm water and dry quickly with a towel. Never put it in the dishwasher. Also, refrain from using bleach or citrus extract cleaners.
- German HC steel allows you re-sharpen easily
- Solid construction with full tang design
- The sturdy handle is comfortable, beautiful, and well balanced
- High quality set at a very good price
- Limited lifetime warranty that covers all forms of manufacturing defects and materials
- Not dishwasher safe
- Wooden handles are sensitive to water
- These knives don’t come with a block or sheath
5. Chicago Cutlery Fusion 6-Piece High Carbon Stainless Steel Straight Blade Edge Steak Knives
High carbon stainless steel has been used to make these 6-piece blades which are very good for optimal sharpness and easy re-sharpening.
One piece of fully forged steel that gives weight, strength, hardness, and corrosion resistance while holding an exceedingly sharp edge.
The soft polymer-made black handle is engineered with an agile shape, ensuring a comfortable and non-slip grip.
Blaster, end cap, and full tang ensure excellent balance and maneuverability. The shining blaster is not only beautiful to look at, but also provides finger protection.
Since the knives are made of carbon steel, regular maintenance is essential. For long-time use, only hand wash is recommended and dry immediately.
- The 4.5″ blades are super sharp
- So good at this low price
- Warranty for the full lifetime
- Single-piece steel made strong full-tang knives
- Light enough compared to other steak knives
- The blades are not dishwasher safe
- The set does not include any block or sheath
6. Rada Cutlery 6-Piece Surgical-Grade T420 HC Stainless Steel Non Serrated Steak Knives
Its 4.7″ straight edge blades are manufactured from surgical-grade T420 high-carbon stainless steel. Due to the soft metal, it can be easily sharpened when needed.
This surgical-grade stell is 100% American-made and known for its durability, higher corrosion resistance as well as outstanding edge holding capability. The blade is thin and razor-sharp which makes slicing so much easier than thinker-blade knives.
The handles are made of permanently cast silver brushed aluminum and come with a satin finish. They are round in shape and easy to hold and use.
The set is also available in a black resin handle that is dishwasher safe.
Aluminum handle knives are not suitable for washing in the dishwasher, so only hand washing is recommended for cleaning.
They come in a beautiful gift box with a form-fitted flocked insert that holds them in right place.
- The blades are dangerously super sharp
- American made steak knife set
- Risk-free lifetime guarantee
- The bolster protects the user’s finger from accidental injury
- For the money, they are very worthy knives
- Blades are too thin and flimsy
- The knives are not full tang
- Handles are relatively small and not dishwasher safe
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Non-Serrated Steak Knife (FAQ)
Question: Who needs a steak knife set?
Answer: Meats such as lamb, steak, and pork need a freshly sharpened steak knife to get through the meat. Any experienced cook would agree that a steak knife set is almost a must need in the kitchen.
Its versatility allows you to get through any job with ease. Whether you are trimming fat off the pork, slicing cherry tomatoes, or even serving a dish of top-quality meat, a good steak knife set will enable you to get through any tough task with proficiency.
Question: How long is a steak knife?
Answer: An adequate steak knife falls in a region of 8-10 inches in length. This length allows you to drive a well-placed slice through any choice of thick meat.
Question: Which is better serrated or non-serrated steak knife?
Answer: Serrated blades usually stay sharper longer than straight edge steak knives, but re-sharpening serrated edges are much harder than a plain edge.
Fibrous meat can be sliced better with a serrated steak knife than with non-serrated.
It is often seen that when you try to cut the soft juicy steak with a serrated blade, it tears the meat cells and reduces the taste. On the other hand, it can be cut precisely with a straight-edge blade, leaving the taste and texture of the food intact.
A serrated steak knife set or plain edge steak knife set – it is actually hard to say which of these is better because the whole concept depends entirely on the user’s taste.
Question: What are non-serrated steak knives for?
Answer: Straight edge steak knives are what should be used when you’re looking for a steady and smooth cut. The razor-sharp edge of a non-serrated steak knife cuts neatly like butter without tearing your juicy and soft steak fibers. It is the preferred choice when it comes to dicing, slicing, chopping, and mincing.
Another advantage a plain edge knife has when it comes to steaks is cutting at an angle. Generally, if you’re slicing a tough piece of steak on your own a serrated steak knife would be the way to go to cut the meat with ease.
On the other hand, if you’re sharing a juicy steak the best thing to use would be a straight edge steak knife to cut the meat at an angle and share slices with individuals at the table.
Question: How well does the non-serrated steak knife cut?
Answer: A steak knife not serrated prevents you from harming the flesh of the fruit or meat and presenting it with a clean and steady cut. It allows you to chop vegetables with proficiency giving it a profound cut that qualifies a presentation on a charcuterie board.
When dealing with any fruits, soft-shelled vegetables, or even chili, a non-serrated steak knife would be the most ideal knife to use for the occasion.
Question: Can I use my non-serrated steak knife for anything else?
Answer: A straight edge knife would be perfect for slicing or cutting vegetables like tomatoes, cherry, chili, and leaving the slices nice and thin, cutting a lemon or avocado into wedges to share with friends and family at the dinner table.
Question: How do you sharpen a straight edge steak knife?
Answer: To sharpen the steak knife, first, soak your whetstones thoroughly. Then find out the angle of the sharp edge of the blade.
You want to guide the knife along the whetstone in the direction of the blade; never press your blade forward into the stone.
A good number of strokes to start with is 10-20 strokes on the first side, 10-20 on the other, and then gradually reduce strokes until you’re down to one and one — one on one side and one on the other.