- DALSTRONG Phantom Series Cleaver Knife – Japanese AUS-8 High Carbon Steel 7-Inch Blade
- KYOKU Samurai Series Cleaver Knife – Japanese High Carbon Steel 7-Inch Blade
- DALSTRONG Shogun Series X Cleaver Knife – Japanese AUS-10V Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
- TURWHO Meat Vegetable Cleaver Knife – Japanese VG-10 Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
- Shun Classic Cleaver Knife – Japanese VG-Max Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
- KYOKU Daimyo Series Vegetable Cleaver Knife – Japanese VG-10 Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
Best Japanese Cleaver Knife
1. DALSTRONG Phantom Series Cleaver Knife – Japanese AUS-8 High Carbon Steel 7-Inch Blade
The full tang blade is crafted from a single piece of ice-tempered and precision-forged Japanese AUS-8 high-carbon steel at 58+ HRC. The blade length is 7″, with an overall length of 12.11″. The blade is corrosion-resistant, strong, durable, and easily handled.
It is meticulously hand-sharpened with a cutting edge between 13 and 15 degrees. The razor sharpness blade is perfect for various uses, including chopping boneless cuts of meat, dicing, mincing, slicing, and cutting hearty vegetables.
The handle of the knife is made of black Pakka wood imported from Spain. It is hand polished and laminated to give the user a comfortable, easy-to-handle grip.
The D-shape handle is designed to fit ergonomically in the palm to ensure excellent control when using the knife. The handle is full tang and has a polished end cap – both add counterweight for essential balance.
The knife comes with a folding polymer sheath that has a soft faux suede lining to protect the blade.
The knife should be hand-washed and dried with a soft towel. Do not wash in a dishwasher or soak overnight. Store the knife in the sheath provided when not in use.
- Premium quality one-piece Japanese high carbon AUS-8 steel blade
- Carefully forged and nitrogen cooled to improve hardness and durability
- The super-sharp blade has excellent edge holding capacity and is easily sharpened
- The Japanese-style D-shaped handle is comfortable to grip and easy to control
- Full tang cleaver knife has a perfect balance for maneuverability and exceptional performance
- Beautifully hand-polished spine and agile bolster shape for a non-slip grip
- Shop with confidence, 100% satisfaction, or a 120-day full refund guarantee as well as a lifetime warranty against any defect
- For the price, it is absolutely worthy knife
- Not dishwasher safe
- Japanese steel blade requires regular care
2. KYOKU Samurai Series Cleaver Knife – Japanese High Carbon Steel 7-Inch Blade
The knife is specially made to provide maximum permanence in heavy chopping and slicing purpose. The blade measures 7″ and is constructed from Japanese high carbon stainless steel. The blade is ice-tempered with added cobalt for superior strength, sharpness, and corrosion resistance.
Also, it is hand polished and sharpened to an edge angle between 13 and 15 degrees by most skilled artisans. The blade is manufactured as a medium-duty cleaver suitable for various cutting chores, including boneless meats, fish, vegetables, and fruit.
The handle is ergonomically designed to provide adequate grip, ease of use, and comfort. It is reinforced by Pakkawood and triple-riveted. The meticulously crafted handle can easily withstand cold, heat, and moisture.
Moreover, the well-balanced handle is designed with a full tang to increase the leverage which supports relieving fatigue as well as finger pain from long time chopping or slicing.
The knife has a lifetime warranty and KYOKU offers free return or exchange if the product has any manufacturing defects. The cleaver knife also comes in an aesthetically fabricated box with a safety sheath.
Refrain from cutting hard materials such as metal or bone; both the blade and the handle need to be carefully cleaned by hand washing after each use and dry promptly with a cloth.
- Cryogenically treated Japanese high carbon stainless steel cutting core
- The 3-step Honbazuke method of craftmanship provides an extremely sharp cutting edge
- The blade is created for superb edge retention and easy re-sharpening
- Ergonomically designed full tang handle for maximum grip, durability, and maneuverability
- Shining bolster and end cap adds a distinctive look and counterweight
- Beautiful cleaver knife with an elegant mosaic pin
- Gift boxed with a flocked lined sheath for added safety and elegance
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Decent and worthy product for the price point
- It is not dishwasher safe
- Good quality Japanese cleaver but not suitable for chopping bones
3. DALSTRONG Shogun Series X Cleaver Knife – Japanese AUS-10V Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
4. TURWHO Meat Vegetable Cleaver Knife – Japanese VG-10 Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
The 7.5 Inch full tang blade is made from Japanese VG-10 67-layer Damascus steel. It is treated with 60 HRC vacuum heat and liquid nitrogen cooled. The full length of the knife is 12.6 inches.
The cutting core is 60+ Rockwell hardness. The blade cutting edge is 16-18 degrees with a double edge bevel for superior sharpness. The raindrop pattern on the blade adds a touch of elegance.
The Ultra-premium G-10 full tang handle is constructed of military-grade material for exceptional durability. The ergonomically tapered designed allows for grip, balance, and ease of use. The perfectly balanced weight and size provide allow for long – term use without irritation or soreness.
The knife has a large, broad face that is designed to mince meat, cut through tough vegetables and fruit quickly and easily.
Hand-wash the knife with mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly with a soft towel or cloth. Do not submerge in water or place in dishwasher. Store the knife in the sheath and box provided.
The knife comes with a storage box and a quality plastic sheath for storage after use.
- This knife is a great value for the money
- Compared with similar products, it has outstanding performance
- Food does not stick to the blade
- Very nice feel to the handle
- Aesthetically designed
- Hand wash only
- The knife is not immersible in water
- Not for use with boned meat
5. Shun Classic Cleaver Knife – Japanese VG-Max Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
The 7-inch square blade is constructed from VG-MAX Damascus-clad steel. The cutting core of the blade is an improvement over the VG-10 model. The metal is a combination of cobalt, chromium, carbon, and tungsten. The blade is heat-treated and then cooled, which changes the microstructure of the blade to give it a finer grain and ultra-sharpness at 60-62 HRC The long-lasting edge and thinner blade make it an ideal choice for even the most seasoned chef.
The stainless steel Damascus cladding has 34 layers on each side of the blade. The blade is honed to a 16-degree angle, giving it extra sharpness. It is corrosion-resistant, keeping the elegant look for many years.
The full tang handle is made of ebony Pakkawood infused with resin for water resiliency and durability. The D-shape and ridged edge provide a firm grip when holding the knife.
The knife is designed for chopping or slicing vegetables and fruit.
The knife comes in a box, but there is no sheath for storage. There is a cardboard cover over the knife instead.
- The knife comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Will not slip if hands are wet or greasy
- The knife is asymmetrical. Must order the correct knife for either left or right hand
- Requires weekly honing with special honing steel purchased separately
- No adequate storage provided
- Not dishwasher safe
6. KYOKU Daimyo Series Vegetable Cleaver Knife – Japanese VG-10 Damascus Steel 7-Inch Blade
The 7 inch Japanese VG-10 Damascus blade is ultra-sharp, corrosion-resistant, and durable. The ice-tempered blade is made with 34 layers per side of stainless Damascus steel, giving it hardness and ease of use. The blade is polished to 8 -12 degrees with a double-sided edge. The HRC of 58-60 adds exceptional durability.
The blade is hand-crafted using the three-step Honbazuke method. This gives it ultra thin sharpness and edge retention.
The knife is a medium-duty cleaver knife suitable for fish, boneless meats, vegetables, fruits, and leafy greens.
The herringbone pattern on the base of the tang prevents food from sticking to the blade. Hand wash the knife between uses and dry thoroughly. Store in sheath case.
The G10 handle has engraved riveting and a mosaic pin for added visual appeal. It is full tang constructed, and the blade extends the full length of the handle to provide a comfortable grip and a balanced performance. It includes a safety guard.
The knife comes with a sheath case for storage and safety.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- Free exchange or return if defective
- The bolster design is highly ergonomic
- Gift boxed
- The edge does not last after repeated use.
- Recommends using sandpaper after cleaning that could cause blade damage
- A bit too heavy for a medium-duty cleaver
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Japanese Cleaver Knife (FAQ)
Question-: How to care for Japanese cleaver knives?
Answer: Most Japanese cleaver knives are not dishwasher safe. Japanese knives should be cleaned and washed properly because they have an extremely sharp cutting edge.
They should be hand washed only and dried using a soft cloth. Submerging the knife in water is not recommended. Once dry, place the knife back in the sheath or place it in the storage box until next use.